Thursday, April 1, 2010

Over the last year this blog has turned towards more design related topics and objects than anything else. What began as a mashup of art, science and some design, has transformed into more of a showcase of how all three are connected. I believe my own knowledge and appreciation of design, and its impacts, has developed to a great extent, and it excites me to continue the journey of seeing how design affects our lives and can improve our well being. When I saw this video for the Icograda Design Week and its idea of 'Design Currency,' I was struck by how much it touched on something personal. It seemed to touch on all the things about design that I try to feature here: Craftmanship, Clarity, Functionality, Social Contribution, Sustainability, Beauty, and Results. Design is a powerful thing, and whether we are aware of it or not, today's design will have an immeasurable effect on how we live tomorrow.

Via

No comments:

Post a Comment