Monday, October 17, 2011

Feast RVA

This past Friday I was VERY excited to bring to life a project that I've been working on for the past four or five months. Its a proper rip of a thing called Feast Brooklyn. Basically, you pay for a ticket to a dinner at a local venue, and receive a ballot at the door for a few creative projects that need funding. Before dinner, you hear presentations from the folks on the ballot, then you eat, vote, and we award the winner with proceeds from the door.
Its a really great idea, and when I heard about it at the Festival of Ideas in NYC this spring, I knew I had to bring this project home. Along with my friend Johnny Hugel, the idea was brought to bare, and it was a huge success!
Congrats to RVAudio and Dollop Desserts, and we hope to see the Real Desire photography exhibition one day soon too! Also, a huge thank you to Quirk Gallery for hosting. Such a great space for an event like this.

As you've probably noticed from my previous posts, I'm a huge fan of idea creation, and a strong believer in the idea that if you can imagine it, theres a way to bring it to life. I've drilled this idea into my head constantly over the last few months, and with a little sweat, I have my first evidence of the truth of this concept. Here are a few photos from the event. Thanks to everyone who made this night possible, it was pretty fantastic to see this thing happen.

feasst
feast-slide-04
feast1
feast-slide-02
feast-slide-08

No comments:

Post a Comment