Friday, January 22, 2010

I love new and exciting technology, but I wouldn't say I'm a technophile by any means. However, I love the idea behind the Short Circuit Shelf by Alexandra DiCairano! Based on the patterns of circuit boards these book shelves hold 10 to 12 books, and are easy to install (check her site for details). And though I'd prefer a different color...grey, perhaps, or black, I love what she has to say for herself regarding the piece: beauty is sometimes overlooked because of scale. circuit boards have a beautiful and efficient pattern that perfectly serve their function; they hold and transport digital information. these bookshelves are inspired by the form of circuit boards and they will help to contain the physical information found in books.
Photobucket
Via

No comments:

Post a Comment